Filed under Editorials, Opinion

New AP Support Center Is Sure to be Helpful

Back to Article
Back to Article

Graphic by Dante DiMauro

Graphic by Dante DiMauro

Graphic by Dante DiMauro

There is a new AP Support Center available for Advanced Placement students in the library which is open during all periods of the day to help students succeed in challenging educational environments.

The center is a place where teachers help students with time management, organization, to form study groups, and with extra guidance.

The support center provides help for students who take AP classes and have trouble finding the time to get extra help from teachers after school. It is especially helpful for students taking an AP class for the first time who are struggling with the increased workload and balancing responsibilities.

The AP Center has a posted schedule with AP teachers signed up to aid students each period of the day. That way students can attend when they know a certain teacher will be there and make the period the most productive to their education. As well as being open during the day, they also offer sessions during lunches for especially busy students, which is a thoughtful way they have intentionally increased impact.

Students also do not have to sign into the library in order to use the lab, which means they don’t have to worry about slots filling up before they get there, which has been a concern about the library system for years.

Those taking AP classes can find comfort in the fact that they have a new resource available to them. Its creation is an important step towards the school successfully supporting its students as an increased number of students strive to take more challenging classes.