Black Ops 4 brings exciting new mode

Back to Article
Back to Article

Black Ops 4 brings exciting new mode

Photo courtesy of www.dexerto.com

Photo courtesy of www.dexerto.com

Photo courtesy of www.dexerto.com

Black Ops 4 is the most recent installment made to the Call of Duty Black Ops series which was released on October 12, 2018  and has received both negative and positive reviews.

The game features the usual modes in the series, which are Multiplayer, Zombies, and with this latest installment to the series, a new fan favorite, Blackout.

The game has received plenty of praise. For example, one student, freshman, Colin Latronica said,” This game is in some ways a renewal to the series after the previous game (Black Ops 3) was such a letdown to me after the huge hype it received. There were too many bugs and glitches in that game. With the drop of Black Ops 4 there is so much more for people to do in the game.”

But with the positives there are always the negatives. Similar to the complaint made about the series’ previous game, Black Ops 3, there was an issue with bugs and glitches in the latest version, especially with the new Blackout mode. Freshman Bartek Alicki said, “There is a lot of lag and FPS dropping in the blackout mode and some connectivity errors that result in map glitches.” Alicki also mentioned developer negligence when it came to bug fixes.

Game Informer’s Daniel Tack in the U.S. magazine’s 95 rated review said, “The unquestionable star of the show is Blackout, Call of Duty’s first foray into the battle-royale space.” Indeed, Call of Duty’s headline mode is the Fortnite challenging Blackout, which gave the game even more attention from gamers.

The game mode Blackout made a huge impression on COD fans, and the zombie and multiplayer modes are still as great as the ones in the past. However, fans who enjoy single player games, who were looking forward to playing a campaign, were disappointed because this option was not included in this version of Black Ops. “Development is journey” according to Co-Studio Head of Treyarch (the video game company), Dan Bunting. He also mentioned how studio developers wanted “something different.” Game developers moved away from the single player option, seeing as most fans have neglected to play the campaign in recent years.

Though the topic is debatable, and the game has its admitted flaws and neglected problems, Black Ops 4 has made a fairly good impression on fans of the series. The negatives are outdone by the positives included in the game, such as the new content, better graphics, and new Blackout mode.

• Black Ops 4 brings exciting new mode

Entertainment

Venom surprises after poor critic ratings

• Black Ops 4 brings exciting new mode

Entertainment

Big Mouth season two is even better than the first

• Black Ops 4 brings exciting new mode

Entertainment

Clue kept audiences on the edge of their seats

• Black Ops 4 brings exciting new mode

Entertainment

Apocalypse brings American Horror Story back from the dead

• Black Ops 4 brings exciting new mode

Entertainment

A Star Is Born will bring tears to your eyes

• Black Ops 4 brings exciting new mode

Entertainment

70th annual Primetime Emmys excite once more

• Black Ops 4 brings exciting new mode

Entertainment

To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before brings more Asian representation to Netflix

• Black Ops 4 brings exciting new mode

Entertainment

Influencial singer Aretha Franklin dies at age 76

• Black Ops 4 brings exciting new mode

Entertainment

Crazy Rich Asians doesn’t impress as revamped Cinderella

• Black Ops 4 brings exciting new mode

Entertainment

Mozzicato’s changes the Cannoli game in Middletown

Black Ops 4 brings exciting new mode